06 March 2009

The Office Person of the Year - 2008





Stephanie Ann Hall
In 2008, The Office has experienced more changes than can be fully recounted. If we have become better people by any measure it is largely due to the presence of Stephanie Ann Hall in our lives. While her effervescent personality has affected us all generally, her contributions to our lives are more individualized.


Stephanie is a big fan of Gavin Gee. She is such a fan that she has baked no less than 3700 cookies of all types upon Gavin’s request for them. I would note that 3700 is a conservative estimate. Several experts agree that the actual number is likely far greater. Stephanie has also become a relationship advisor to Gavin, and he didn’t even have to ask her to be that for him.


Tom and Stephanie share a special and completely platonic bond. This is in part due to the prohibition of any romantic overtures between them imposed by yours truly. Nevertheless, as any true friend would, Stephanie has, time and again, offered and carried out fraternal service to Tom.


Since becoming friends upon Andrew’s arrival at The Office, Stephanie and Andrew have spoken in some format on a daily basis. Stephanie’s nutritive world-view has benefited Andrew in everything from dating advice to fashion assistance. Urban legend around The Office also adds the rumor of more than one kiss that may have transpired between their collective lips.


Personally, Stephanie has had an immeasurable impact on my life. When I say “impact,” I mean it. She and I have collided over differences of opinion on a multitude of issues. Spurred ever onward by her passion, she has never given an inch, despite my recalcitrance. Furthermore, she is never wrong. She has taught me so much that I am better for having known her.


All these things make her, as I have told her before, altogether indispensible. She colored our year beautifully and she continues to do so. It is readily evident why she is The Office Person of the Year 2008, and it is well deserved. --Abinadi




1 comment:

Jesse said...

Huzzah! The second I heard it announced, I knew it to be pure truth.